Responsible for implementing and/or administering Environmental Health & Safety protection, and substance abuse prevention programs affecting employee and public safety, occupational health, fire protection and prevention, and equipment and property protection. Ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations.
- This is an entry level professional position that serves as a resource for line management to develop and administer a proactive prevention program for accidents and illnesses.
- Provides technical assistance to office and field operations to ensure compliance with applicable international, federal, state, customer and/or company environmental, safety, and health regulations.
- Keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Conducts compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory environmental, safety, and health standards of the company and all applicable codes are followed.
- Recommends facilities and technological specifications to carry out programs that fulfill the organization’s overall objectives. Prepares and reviews technical reports, correspondence, and procedures manuals. Establishes and maintains licenses and permits as required. Meet applicable regulatory codes and standards where required. Internal contacts may include site management, risk management personnel, including business line leads, Health and Safety personnel and office managers. External contacts include clients at work locations and regulatory agencies.
- Under direct supervision, the individual performs basic and routine duties following well-defined environmental safety and health policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Typically is a college/university graduate or has 0-2 year’s equivalent experience.
- OSHA 10 and 30 are mandatory
- Develops competence in own area by performing routine work.
- Has basic knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in a discipline or skill.
No recruiters please