Responsible for developing, implementing and/or administering safety, health, environmental protection, and substance abuse prevention programs affecting employee and public safety, occupational health, fire protection and prevention, and equipment and property protection. Ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations.
This is journey level position requiring independent professional judgment.
- May administer an ES&H program on a small or medium-sized
- Serves as a resource for line management to develop and administer a proactive prevention program for accidents and illnesses.
- Provides technical assistance to office and field operations to ensure compliance with applicable international, federal, state and/or company environmental, safety, and health
- Keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization. Conducts compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory environmental, safety, and health standards of the company and all applicable codes are followed. Recommends facilities and technological specifications to carry out programs that fulfill the organization’s overall
- Prepares and reviews technical reports, correspondence, and procedures manuals. Establishes and maintains licenses and permits as required. Meet applicable regulatory codes and standards where
- Internal contacts may include site management, risk management personnel, and include business line leads, Health and Safety personnel and office managers.
- External contacts include clients at work locations and regulatory
- This individual exhibits knowledge and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of their environmental specialty.
- Under limited supervision, applies accepted policies, practices, and standards to promote the environmental safety and health program and provide solutions to a wide range of difficult
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Performs a variety of complex tasks. Some work is routine and instructions are detailed. Typically reports to a manager or director. Other duties as
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- S. in EHS or related field preferable and professional certifications are a plus.
- OSHA 10 and 30, OSHA 500
- 3 -5 years of heavy industrial construction with emphasis on deep foundations
- BS may be waived if the particular position allows for the acceptance of 8 years or more experience, relevant training and education.
- Typically has 5-20 years relevant experience
No recruiters please