Site Safety Position
• Verify that all equipment or incident related events are properly reported and submitted to EHS Director.
• Complete daily site inspections and audits.
• Verify all heavy equipment, rigging, fall protection, tools are properly inspected and documented.
• Complete daily JSEA/JHA for the work task.
• Complete site safety walks with crew member.
• Attend site safety meetings with client.
• Ensure all workers are trained for the work task given.
• Inspect and maintain fire extinguisher log.
• Verify employees are wearing and have the proper PPE for the work task.
• Complete weekly safety talk with employees.
• Observe daily operations to ensure employees are working safely.
• Collaborates with superintendent, foreman and general contractor to share best safety practices, provide guidance, inspect or recommend equipment, provide alerts and foster safe working practices to minimize risk.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The physical demands of this position require the ability to communicate orally and in writing, use both hands and feet, distinguish basic shades, color, and depth, and drive a motor vehicle.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to frequently (34-66% time on job) walk.
• Occasionally (6-33% time on job) the employee will be required to stand, sit, use hands and fingers, and grip with pressure. Infrequently (2-5% time on job) the employee may be required to stoop, kneel, lift 10-35 lbs., twist or bend the wrists, operate hand and foot controls, and keep wrists and feet in prolonged positions of flexion or extension.
• Rarely (1% time on the job or less) the employee will be required to crawl, balance, bend repeatedly, perform hand over hand pulling, push and pull 10 lbs. up to 2 feet, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Education and/or Experience:
• OSHA 30HR Construction, OSHA 510, Preferred OSHA 500, Fall Protection Competent, Trench and Excavation Competent, Confined Space Training, Heavy Equipment/Crane Knowledge, Silica Dust Hazard Assessment
• Managing Health and Safety, SPCC/BMP Environmental Experience, Direct/Indirect Cost Training.